Instructions for optimal recovery after surgical visit:
- Avoid spicy foods, hard foods, or foods with seeds.
- Eat a soft diet for the next 48 to 72 hours.
- Avoid the use of tobacco.
- Take Advil, Motrin, or Tylenol (ibuprofen or acetaminophen) every 6 hours or as directed.
- If a fluoride gel has been recommended, apply this after using the rinse or gel for pain relief.
The following products may be purchased and applied to the affected areas: Colgate Peroxyl rinse or gel, Colgate Sooth N-Seal, Colgate Orabase Gel, Glyoxide by GlaxoSmithKline, Rincinol P.R.N. by Sunstar Butler, Crest Pro-Health Rinse by Proctor & Gamble or other such equivelents.